Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Modular Madness completed!

First I want to give thanks to Elise for giving me the awesome idea of using fake blood. Definitely got a reaction :]
That stuff tastes so disgusting.
Anyway, my critique went well, overall the piece worked well except for the fitting. It was supposed to sit on my head a different way but to get the blood to work I moved it forward and pressed it down. But either way, it still requires balancing to wear.
There could be many underlying tones and metaphors that this crown has, especially with the addition of adding blood. For one, the crown can look like part of an ice queens outfit, or with all of the spikes, it can be a stylized representation of lady liberty. Another one is the crown of thorns that Jesus wears that draws blood to drip down his face. Whatever way it is interpreted, I'm glad that people gained different views of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment