Sunday, September 12, 2010

The Exquiste Corpse

On Friday, we had an interesting lecture. Towards the end everyone received a...not so coherrent sentence. Unfortunately I got a little sidetracked while exploring :] and ended up arriving late. Sooo, I stole one of my group members sentence. The first time I read it, it made NO sense to me whatsoever. " This is horrible language", I thought. Yet after reading it over a few times, I sort of got an image in my head of what it could be.

This marvelous sentence is: He the bored sunny swam the beauty. Or basically something like that. The words were on the front and back of the paper so it was hard to tell which one came before which. But I figured this was an interesting enough sentence to find an image to go with. Although in the back of my mind I kept saying there was no way that I'm ever going to find a freaking picture. You have to be kidding me. But I kept my mouth shut and decided to deal with it later.

The same day after class ended, and I actually left the WASH building a few hours later, I got SO bored in my dorm. I swear I cannot sit in it for long periods of time or I'd go nuts. Since I was getting antsy, I decided to go out and walk the campus. Lucky for me! Because while I was walking I saw a crosswalk sign and noticed someone had stuck wings on it. I thought,  " Woah, i never noticed that, its so cool, Imma take a picture!" So I did.

Something must have clicked in my subconscious to make me realize the sign and want to take a picture of it because once I did, I automatically thought; holy crap! This mirrors my sentence perfectly.

I think the way that the sun reflects off the sign creates the entire image. It bounces off in the right spot, giving off the 'sunny' part of the sentence. And the wings make me think that he is 'swimming' the skies. Doesn't always have to be water :]. It's almost like this guy was in my same position: bored and decided to take a walk. Then ended up swimming over the skies. The pointed up arrow adds a nice touch too. Like pointing out his destination.
I did take other pictures... but they don't hit me at the same level this photo does. I can't bring myself to put them on here unless I'm told to because I feel like they would take away from the beauty I see in this picture. Its beautiful mostly to me because it was such a simple, everyday sight and that with the right angle and a sticker, made it into something more.


Thank you to whoever slapped the wings onto this little guy! Lol, you definitely made my day.

1 comment: