Thursday, September 16, 2010

SAFETY TIPS 101

Along with the new building for WASH, I seemed to have become more accident prone than I have ever been in my life. I stumble occasionally and bust my knees, but I have to say that the WASH building is the first place that I have gotten electrocuted, burned and almost cut my hand in one place within a week.
That being said I have decided to put up a safety blog! Feel free to comment with any tips that you want put up.

Now, on with the show...

First, I wanted to put a few do's and don'ts of working with hot glue. Yeah, yeah  I know we're all adults here, but lets be honest, hot glue is so much fun to play with.
1. Most obviously, don't let it touch your skin. This includes all areas. And I mean all. Ever wonder why a chainsaw has a warning label that says do not use on genitalia? That's cause someone and their brilliant self had an accident. Don't be that person :]


(Example one of what not to do. The hot glue dripped from the gun to my leg. Hurt like hell I have to say.)

2.Please do not place your hand on the paper slicer and then become distracted (Amber :]). It may result in needing a makeshift bandage from napkins and masking tape because you can't find the first aid kit.

3. This is my bracelet that is now melted/deformed thanks to my delirious mind. Gotta love it.
When dealing with electrical equipment, try not to wear dangling metal bracelets. They tend to land on the metal part that plugs into sockets. When that happens, sparks fly, but they aren't the sparks you want. They like to jump around and burn whats in their path. And at the time that happened to be my wrist.
(Yay for feeling the sparks of love. They hurt...)


More to be added as accidents progress in the WASH building.

1 comment: